Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Make Your Own Personal Binder/Planner

I made this, and came up with this idea all myself! If you want to make one like this, awesome, but don't forget to make it unique to you! There's so many ways to make a binder/planner like this one. Have fun with it, and add on or change some of your own ideas!
Things you may need:
1.scrap paper or cards
2. pens, pencils, markers
3. assortment of fancy construction paper (or color your own construction paper)
4. square mirror
5. notebook
6. buttons or other accessories
7. sticky notes
8.note pad
9. scrap gift bag
10. colorful paper
11.cardboard
12. hot glue gun

First off, I cut off some cardboard from a cardboard box (two sides and the bottom of box) to hold everything together (binder part of planner/binder). I then picked some fancy construction paper that I had, to put on the back and front of the cardboard. I hot glued all construction paper down and let it dry. After the construction paper, I didn't do much for the rest of the outside of the binder. For the inside, I planned some things I would place inside, like a notebook, a pencil holder, a mirror, a small pocket, a notepad, sticky notes, and a little calendar. I first made the notebook to put in the middle of the binder/planner. I found an old notebook that I haven't used yet, that was fortunately sparkly, and designed it with more (but different) fancy construction paper, buttons, and an old flower pin (can be substituted). I cut part of the fancy construction paper and hot glued it to a little more than half of the notebook cover. I then glued down the old flower pin to the notebook, and also glued some scrap pink fish net (scrunched up) under the flower. I also glued an assortment of buttons beside the flower that matched the color palette that I planned for the binder/planner. Now that the notebook was finished, I glued the notebook to the middle of the planner/binder. Next, I made the pencil holder with an old card that I found by hot gluing the sides together, except for the one open part to put the pens and pencils in. I then glued that to the lower left part of the planner/binder. I then glued the mirror to the upper left part of the planner/binder. Then, I glued the notepad down in the lower left corner of the right part of the binder, and glued down the sticky notes into the upper left corner of the right part of the binder as well. Next, I glued down a square, colorful pieced of paper in the upper right hand corner of the binder and drew the monthly calendar on that. lastly, I made a spare pocket out of a scrap, coach gift bag I found. I cut my favorite part out of the gift bag, and then cut out two triangles (out of colorful paper) to connect to the two opposite sides of the square. I glued one part of the triangle to the square and glued the other part to the planner/binder to make an opening to create a pocket. Do the same with the other triangle for the other side of the square. Your done! Give yourself a pat on the back! Lovely!
-The Elegant Crafter

No comments:

Post a Comment